if i could stretch a roadmap
across my right arm
then you would always be an arms length
and it wouldn’t be so difficult
to face the days when you aren’t here.
and you would sit on my fingertips
and you would eventually embed yourself
into my fingerprints,
and when i missed you,
you would just be right there,
on my skin.
but you aren’t an arms length away
you are miles
and I am not even sure if the sky is the same
or if we watch the same sunrise each morning,
but on my arm
you are right there,
always on my fingers
and holding my hand.
that won’t be enough forever,
but for now,
it will be.
when i miss you i trace my finger down the highways on my arms (via amandaspoetry)
Everyone’s used to thinking that in a “break up” it’s always the girl who’s been deeply afflicted, but NO. Why? I know that a guy should court a girl and not vice versa. I believe it’s the guy’s choice whether he’d court her or not. A lot of people say guys do not have the right to break up with a girl. Oh, I beg to differ. What if the girl’s cheating and the guy’s hurting? Don’t people think it is just fair to give this one to guy?
Based on experience, even when people think they have balanced both sides by “listening” to the different angles of the story, the girl gets everyone’s sympathy again. Not that I am pro-guys, by the way I’m a girl, but when you realize it guys have feelings, too. They may be strong by nature, but they can be wretched, too. Guys are still humans. Hello?
Why post this? My friend just refreshed my memory while we’re Facebook chatting. Here’s a part of the story. I’ve been in a relationship where I think I was really hit by a wrecking ball. Dangg, I found it very hard to move on and I admit everybody’s sympathy was on me. Come on, you’ll feel it, girl! Another story’s I knew a girl who cheated on his guy. Know what? After the break up, as expected, sympathy’s on her. I just wonder how many people know the “real” story.
Okay, I find this post pointless and senseless but let’s be real. We’re all humans and we deserve to be treated fairly. Boy or girl, see where the fault is and from there find a solution not just give sympathy to one and condemn the other.
"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." -John 15:13
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." -John 3:16
Thank You Jesus for laying down Your life to save a sinner like me. You tore the veil when You said that, “It is done.” Thank You, Jesus! Thank You so much!!!
Everyday, I can see how amazing God is in my life, my family, and friends. I cannot deny the fact that He is the reason why I’m still standing here. His grace is so sufficient, I tend to overflow. His love keeps me alive and His wisdom, I cannot describe. He’s so much better than just being good cos He’s the best! I love You, Lord, more and more each and every day. I just can’t imagine how life could be without You. Thank You Jesus! You are the reason and this is all about You. ♥
1. A man won’t let go if he really loves you.
2. Do not look for reasons why he ended the relationship.
- There is only one reason why he ended your relationship. He just does not love you. Do not waste your time thinking of reasons or what you should have done. Move on and be open to a man who will truly love you.
3. Do not get hang up on your past.
- Do not nag or distrust your current boyfriend just because your ex hurt you. Do not treat him or the relationship the same way. Do not compare. He will not react the same way as your ex. Do not be worried that your simple mistakes will cause him to look for another girl. What happened with your ex was not your fault. It was not because you didn’t guard him enough or you didn’t make him happy enough.
4. Do not look into images.
- How many times have you met a girl who didn’t have the best image in school or at the office, but you get to know the girl and found out she was actually extremely nice? Do not rely on images. Oftentimes, it is far from reality. Do not fear men just because your “supposedly” perfect ex-boyfriend mistreated you.
5. Always have your own set of rules.
- Set your limits on how far you’d go for a guy. It’s perfectly ok to give and do everything as long as it’s worth it. And it’s worth it if the guy is treating you right.
6. Do not be scared to lose him.
- Don’t be scared that he’ll break up with you. Once you are afraid of losing him, you easily can be taken advantage. Be strong and if something is unacceptable, do not accept it and speak up.
7. Avoid calling your guy.
- It’’ a guy thing. The relationship will definitely be better if it’s the guy who’s calling, not the girl. He will get tired of you if you keep on calling. He will lose interest and challenge. More so, he will get annoyed. But it’s a girl thing also that your fingers get too itchy until you dial his number. But avoid as much as possible. Call only if really needed (like checking if your suspicions are reasonable).
8. There is a guy who will value you.
- There is a guy out there who can make you feel valued, appreciated, and loved. And I mean, not just during your first few weeks together. So don’t lose hope. Don’t settle for a lesbian if you are not attracted to women. There is a man out there who can love you like a girl can.
Also, do not believe him when he says it’s just the way he really is. He’s not the sweet or expressive-type. Remember during your first few weeks together? Where has that sweet guy gone? He simply is not that into you anymore.
9. Always be the only one, no matter what.
- Do not ever fall for a guy who has another girl, be it his wife, girlfriend, or any girl that he says he just can’t get rid of for whatever reason. If you truly believe that he loves you and for some reason, he can’t leave or let go of another girl, then you are no different from any ordinary mistress.
10. He must respect you.
- No matter how long the relationship has been, he should always show respect towards you.
11. If he fooled you, end it.
- Philandering once is enough. You can never trust nor respect the person again.
12. Never start a relationship the wrong way.
- Do not steal another girl’s man, for whatever reason. Nor should you enter a relationship for the wrong reasons (loneliness, on the rebound, getting back at your ex, man-dependency, etc.) it is bound not to last. You will only end up wasting more years of your life.
13. Do not force yourself into a relationship.
- Do not get into a relationship just because your friends are getting impatient with your dating escapades and the one hasn’t come yet. Do not choose who to say yes to based on superficial things like money, looks, cars, etc.. If you are even thinking of these things, you have not fallen in love yet.
14. Do not settle.
- If you are not happy anymore with your relationship, break up instantly. He will not stay with you forever no matter how upright he might seem to be. Eventually, he will also want love and happiness in his life.
15. A relationship has to have love.
- Love is the only thing that will push you to give your efforts into making the relationship work. And believe me, keeping a relationship requires genuine efforts of both parties.
16. Don’t be afraid to be single.
- It’s fun to be single, try it. You can go out whenever and wherever you want. You are free. You can date whomever you want and you get to go out for free! Do not get a boyfriend just for the sake of having one. Do not settle.
17. Be a good girl.
- Be a good girl to attract a good guy. Enter the relationship with sincere intentions. Take the guy and the relationship seriously with the plan of spending the rest of your life with that person (of course, this is after you had your bit of fun in your younger years). If you compare your flings from your real relationships, you will know that the latter makes you happier and more fulfilled.
18. Love without limits.
- Whether you loved and gave everything or loved but held out for some things, if the relationship ends, you still get hurt. But if you gave your everything, you were happy and you could say that it was worth it. If you didn’t give your all, you get hurt for nothing.
19. You will get over him.
- Love is over-stated. Love eventually ends and you are free to love another.
20. Be the one.
- Act like you are the one. Don’t be a nagger. Don’t hinder his gimmicks. Don’t give in to him too easily. Make him treat you as important. Don’t be easy. Don’t be like every other girl he had in his life.
A man won’t let go, if he really loves you.
“…The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart” (1 Samuel 16:7, NIV)
When the Lord looks at your heart, what does He see? Everyone has an outer life and an inner life. The outer life is our public life that everyone can see. The inner life is made up of your thoughts, your attitudes and your motives. Only you and God know what’s going on inside. Too many people go around today pretending, acting one way, yet on the inside they’re thinking something totally different. Their heart and their actions don’t line up. But we have to understand that God looks at the inside. We can fool a lot of people, but we can’t fool God. God would rather us be open and honest than to go through life pretending or trying to be something that we aren’t.
Today, take inventory of what’s going on inside of you. Are you at peace? Are you overlooking offenses? Do you believe the best in people? Do your heart and actions line up? If not, submit your ways to the Lord and ask Him to give you an undivided heart so that you can be pleasing to Him all the days of your life!
“I will listen to what God the Lord will say; he promises peace to his people…” (Psalm 85:8, NIV)
No matter what is going on in your life right now, the Lord promises that you can have peace. It doesn’t matter what’s happening in the economy, in your relationships or at the office; nothing in this world can take His peace from you. But notice the first part of this verse - we have to do our part. We have to listen to what He tells us to do.
You may be thinking to yourself, “God doesn’t speak to me.” But once you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you become His. The Bible says that you are His sheep, and you can hear His voice, and the voice of a stranger you will not follow.
The Lord speaks in many ways. First of all, He speaks through the Word of God. But sometimes He speaks through the encouragement of a friend, or through a song, or in the beauty of nature. Sometimes it’s a simple “knowing” deep down on the inside of you in your spirit. If you aren’t sure how God speaks to you, ask Him to teach you. Open your heart and be willing to hear His voice. As you take time to be still and listen to Him, He will speak. He will reveal Himself to you and give you peace all the days of your life.
But GOD says, ‘THIS is love.’
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:6-8)
Just because lips have met doesn’t mean hearts have joined. (I Kissed Dating Goodbye)